FROM THE GUT wORKSHOPS 2017
WITH LAMDA GRADUATES & DRAMA SCHOOL TUTORS
In February 2017, From The Gut Theatre launched our first Drama School Workshop Series at the Theatre Royal Stratford East in London.
The course was run by founding members Nathan, Nick and Sam every Saturday, from the 11th Feb 2017 - 11th March 2017. Each session was lead by a guest tutor in a different area of audition technique.
- Week 1 was lead by the FTG company members, who discussed how best to approach Choosing Your Monologues.
- Week 2 focused on Vocal Warm-up and Technique with Kat Hicks (tutor at Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and Italia Conti).
- Week 3, we tackled a vigorous Movement Class with Donna Berlin (tutor at LAMDA).
- Week 4 explored the singing element of auditions with James Taylor (Urdang and Arts Ed).
- Week 5, the course culminated with a Mock Audition and Feedback Session, with an audition panel led by Christopher Cowell (LAMDA and Guildhall tutor), Emmy Rose (producer at the Production Exchange and Merely Theatre) and Alexander Tol (LAMDA Alumni).
We also run 1-to-1 classes and workshops for Educational Institutions - most recently we led workshops for Goldsmiths University. If you're interested in any of our future workshops or 1-to-1s, do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Amazing, inspiring experience! I came in with few experiences in acting but the three guys made me feel comfortable in the group straight away and supported me in trying new things. Overall I am really glad I came and can only encourage everyone who loves acting to take this chance of professional and affordable workshops!" - Anna Leick, Goldsmith's University
"I have just started the audition process for drama school and it was truly an invaluable and seriously fun day. The boys make you feel really relaxed and the feedback we got on our pieces was constructive and concise. It was such a rewarding and fun experience. I would definitely do it all over again." - Bella Speaight, Oxford School of Drama.